7/27/09

Eleanor Boardman's Soul for Sale

Eleanor Boardman
Last night I watched Souls for Sale (1923) on Turner Classic Movies, the very best darn channel on all of television. What a neat movie! I enjoyed it and its color tinting. I loved all the 1920s aerial views of Los Angeles. What a treat! Those of you who did not stay up for TCM's Silent Sunday feature and those of you who don't get TCM, well, you can get a DVD of Souls for Sale from the Warner Archive. It is filled with style, fashions, architecture, movie stars, dresses, 1920s cars, Los Angeles landscapes, and other fascinating Hollywood tidbits. I liked it. One thing I really, really enjoy about silent films are the ones shot on location that show an ancient world that you and I can only read about in books. (Here is a YouTube example of a glimpse into that ancient world.) Anyway, I also enjoyed Eleanor Boardman. And now, you can enjoy her, too.
Eleanor Boardman
Eleanor Boardman
Eleanor Boardman
Eleanor Boardman

2 comments:

Laura McLaws Helms said...

She's so perfect! I watched the film last night and I was also captivated by the locations- it is so wonderful seeing places how they once were in motion.

Feta said...

Am I the only one who thinks that Eleanor Boardman looks eerily like Helen Hunt?